Yes, I know. An update has been far too long in coming! I’ve been quite busy in the last few days. September 11th I left my family behind (and a rather teary goodbye it was) and headed through security. By 10:45 pm I was on the plane and we were about to take off. It was a rather bumpy flight, turbulence inturrupted both times that they wanted to serve meals and when they were going through the isles with the duty-free cart. Poor guy beside me, it was his first time on a plane, and he didn’t much like the experience. They played “Nacho Libre” and “Over the Hedge” on the flight, which I was really happy about but I’m sure many of the older people on board didn’t much appreciate. It took about 6 or 7 hours to get to Exeter (plus the five hour time difference) and we arrived in good time. The landing was incredibly smooth. In Exeter a good number of the passengers were done their trip and they had the rest of us wait in the lounge as they cleaned the plane. When we re-boarded there were some people travelling from Exeter to Birmingham (and then on to Toronto) and we only had to wait a few minutes for one passenger. We actually took off about an hour earlier than scheduled. I fell asleep before we took off, and the trip must have been smooth because I didn’t wake up until we were making the descent to land. This was a very smooth landing. This flight only took an hour. Then I had to go through immigration and then get my bags. Mine were almost the first off the plane, so I got through there really fast. I then took the shuttle-train thing to the train station, where I got a ticket to Derby. I almost got on the wrong train a few times, but one of the gents working there made sure I got it right. I had to get off this train at the very next stop to board another train. Luckily another woman helped me out. I found out early after getting on this train that it would take half an hour to get to Derby, so I was able to rearrange my baggage to make it carry-able. (up until now I had just been dragging things around). Once I arrived in Derby, I found a taxi that took me straight to the residence office. This was somewhat expensive, but better than walking through half the city with an extra 40 lbs of stuff. He was very nice, and helped me get my stuff out of the car. Then he said “Thanks Love” when I paid him, which totally threw me off for a second, lol. So I waited in line, and then I paid for my residence, and then I got to walk 2 blocks to get to the residence (they offered to call me a taxi, but I figured that’d take just as long.) Found out when I got to residence that I’ve been moved up to 4th floor, and there are no lifts. It was quite a workout.